Cash is no longer king nowadays.
Modern technology has revolutionized the financial industry, and as a result of this major improvement, money transfer apps (or call them mobile wallets) have become the norm in this new era.
With that said, understanding how these money transfer apps work and how to move funds from one account to the next is more than crucial to maintain a healthy financial.
They let you easily transfer money, pay bills, and do a couple of other financial transactions.
The best is getting started with these apps is very easy—all you need to do is download the apps, signup for an account and start using them.
If you've been using these two apps for sometime now, chances are you may have wondered if a money transfer between the two platforms is possible.
Thankfully, you've come to the right place.
To help you out, we've compiled the steps required to send money from PayPal to GCash without hassle.
Table of Contents
Can I Send Money From PayPal To GCash?
Yes, you can send money from PayPal to GCash.
All you'll need to do is link your PayPal to your GCash account and start sending the money.
However, keep in mind that there are some requirements to meet in order to be eligible to link and do a PayPal to GCash transfer.
What Are The Requirements To Link PayPal To GCash
Before being able to send money from PayPal to GCash, there are a couple of requirements to meet, which include;
- Your GCash account must be fully verified.
- Your first and last name on PayPal must be identical with your first and last name on your GCash account (e.g. Juan Dela Cruz and Juan De La Cruz will not match). Both accounts must be owned by the same person.
- Your nominated email must match your login credentials for PayPal
- The PayPal account must be set up in the Philippines.
- Verify your credit card or bank account to remove your withdrawal limit on PayPal. This step should be completed before Cashing-In via PayPal to GCash.
- To cash in from PayPal, users must first link their PayPal account to GCash.
Once you're sure you meet the requirements, then you can proceed with sending the money from PayPal to GCash.
How To Send Money From PayPal To GCash
Sending money from PayPal to GCash is usually easy and straightforward once you meet the aforementioned requirements.
There are three simple steps to send money from PayPal to GCash.
Step 1: Link PayPal to GCash Account
The first and foremost thing to do when looking to send money from PayPal to GCash is to link your PayPal account to GCash.
Remember, you must meet the aforementioned requirements in order to link the two accounts.
To link PayPal to GCash:
- Log in to the GCash app and tap on "Profile" on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select "My Linked Accounts."
- Tap "PayPal" and provide your PayPal email.
- When don, tap "Link".
- Tap "Authorize" on the next screen that comes up.
- You'll be taken to PayPal's login page where you'll have to provide your username and password.
- Confirm your mobile number and tap "Continue."
Step 2: Send Money from PayPal to GCash
After linking your PayPal to GCash, you're good to start sending money from PayPal to GCash.
To do so:
- Log in to the GCash app — Select "Cash In" on the dashboard. Then, under the "Global Partners and Remittance" tab, select "PayPal".
- Enter an amount — Indicate the amount you wish to add to your wallet (minimum ₱500.00). When you tap next, confirm the amount for cash in.
TIP: For seamless transactions, convert your PayPal funds into Peso (PHP) to proceed for withdrawal. If you currently do not have Philippine Peso added as a currency, login to your PayPal account to add the new currency balance.
- Cash in Processing — A screen will be prompted to notify that the transaction is in progress. Most transactions are instant, or will be processed within the next 24-48 hours.
- Email Notification — You will receive an email that your PayPal account has been debited with the cash in amount.
- SMS Confirmation — You will receive an SMS notification once the funds have been successfully cashed-in to your GCash wallet. Please wait for 24-48 hours for the transaction to be completed.
Step 3: Spend Your PayPal Money On GCash
Once the transfer is complete, your good to start spending your PayPal money on GCash.
You can use the money to pay bills and do a lot of other financial transactions that are possible through GCash.
- Top 7 Best Untraceable Money Transfer Apps
- How To Transfer Money From Venmo To PayPal
- How To Send Money From Cash App To PayPal
- How To Transfer Money From Netspend To PayPal
- How To Transfer Money From Google Pay To PayPal
- How To Transfer Money From Green Dot Card To PayPal
- How To Transfer Money From Chime To PayPal
- How to Transfer Google Play Balance to PayPal (And Other Wallets)
Can You Transfer Money From PayPal To GCash Without Linking?
No, you can't transfer money from PayPal to GCash without linking since the linking is required to authenticate the accounts and authorize the transfer between the two apps.
What Is The Minimum Amount To Transfer From PayPal To GCash?
The minimum amount to transfer from PayPal to GCash is ₱500.00 and you can't transfer any amount below that.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I transfer money from PayPal to GCash?
Yes, you can transfer money from PayPal to GCash in no time. However, you'll need to make sure your PayPal and GCash accounts are verified and linked together, and also confirm you have enough funds to cover the transfer.
How do I transfer money from PayPal to GCash instantly?
To transfer money from PayPal to GCash, you'll need to link your PayPal account to Gcash and make sure you have enough funds to cover the transfer.
Why i can't transfer my money from PayPal to GCash?
If you're unable to link and transfer money from PayPal to GCash, make sure the email you provided for PayPal matches your PayPal login details. Also, make sure you have enough funds in your PayPal account to cover the transaction.
PayPal and GCash are two great financial apps that have made it even easier to manage our finances.
You can transfer money from PayPal to GCash directly.
However, you'll need to meet some requirements in order to link the two apps and transfer funds between them.