Got money in your Chime account and want to make it more flexible? Then knowing how to transfer money from Chime to PayPal will let you use the funds for transactions through PayPal thereby, maximizing its use.
Chime is a financial institution that offers online banking services to customers over the past years. Chime is one of the financial apps that offers financial aid by letting eligible customers borrow money from the Chime app.
A study on PayPal shows that it is one of the best international money transfer apps which makes is a top choice for Chime users looking to send money internationally.
Asides from being an app that lets you conveniently send money to any part of the world, PayPal is widely accepted as a payment method which means; if you have funds in Chime and are you're looking to pay for a good or service, transferring the money from Chime to PayPal will let you pay for your item conveniently and securely.
Unfortunately for Chime users, Chime does not feature any option to integrate PayPal to their account.
Thankfully, there are some indirect ways to transfer money from Chime to PayPal, but they happen to be tricky for most users.
To help you out, we've compiled the best ways to transfer money from Chime to PayPal in this guide.
Table of Contents
Can I Transfer Money from Chime to PayPal?
As earlier mentioned, there's no direct way to transfer money from Chime to PayPal since both apps don't integrate.
The most straightforward way to transfer money from Chime to PayPal is by linking Chime as a bank to PayPal.
However, if you don't want to add Chime as a bank on PayPal, you can complete the transfer by using a linked bank account or link your PayPal cash card to your Chime account.
2 Ways to Transfer Money Money From Chime to PayPal
Since a direct transfer of funds from Chime to PayPal isn't available, we only got to rely on indirect methods which will let us complete the transfer.
That said, here are the best ways to transfer money from Chime to PayPal.
Method 1: Link Chime as a Bank on PayPal
This is the most straightforward way to transfer money from Chime to PayPal.
Linking Chime as a bank on PayPal will let you easily move funds between both apps. Here are the steps to follow.
- Get your Chime account number and routing number.
- Add Chime as bank on your PayPal Account.
- Initiate the money transfer.
1. Get Your Chime Account Number and Routing Number
Account and routing numbers are important details to provide when you want to transfer money.
Chime has as partners Bancorp Bank and Stride Bank, N.A. It has a unique account number and routing number as a result.
You should be able to find these details on Chime's official website or through its mobile app.
Here's how to get your Chime account details through Chime website.
- Login to Chime website, then select Move Money.
- Next, choose Settings, and both numbers will appear on the screen. Take note of them or copy them.
- Even when using the Chime mobile app, the procedure is similar.
- Likewise, you must log in and select Move Money.
- Then select Settings and take note of the account and routing numbers.
2. Add Chime as a Bank on Your PayPal Account
There are two ways to add Chime as a bank on PayPal, similar to getting account information.
You can do this by visiting the PayPal website or downloading the PayPal mobile app.
Here's how to add Chime as a bank on PayPal app.
- From the Settings menu, choose Bank Accounts and Credit Cards.
- Select Bank Account by clicking the + icon after that.
- This will take you to their official website, where you can add Chime as a bank on PayPal by entering its account number and routing number.
3. Initiate the Transfer
Finally, you may initiate a money transfer either using PayPal app or the PayPal website.
Here's how to initiate the transfer from PayPal app
- Login to the PayPal app
- After that, go to Add Money and pick the Chime account you added as a bank previously.
- Tap Add and enter the amount you'd like to send.
- You may be asked to confirm the transaction, which you may do by clicking the Continue button. Review and complete the transfer.
The procedure is the same on PayPal website.
- You must go to PayPal's website and log in using your account information.
- Then select Transfer and Add Money To Your Balance.
- On the next screen, select Chime as the bank and click Add.
- Confirm the transaction by entering the amount you want to send.
Transactions of this nature can take up to 5 business days, but there are no additional fees. Once the transfer is complete, you will receive a confirmation email from PayPal and Chime.
- How to Transfer Google Play Balance to PayPal (And Other Wallets)
- How To Transfer Money From Bank Account To Prepaid Card
- How To Transfer Money From Credit Card To Prepaid Card Online
- How To Transfer Money From Credit Card To Bank Account
- How To Transfer Money From Debit Card To Bank Account
- How to Transfer Money from Credit Card to Debit Card
- How To Transfer Money With Only Card Number and CVV
Method 2: Use a Linked Bank Account to Transfer Money from Chime to PayPal
Using a bank account as a bridge is the most straightforward way to transfer money from Chime to PayPal.
Here's how to transfer money from Chime to PayPal using a linked bank account.
1. Link Your Chime and Bank Account Together
You'll need to link your bank account to the Chime app.
To do this, you'll need to login to Chime app and select the Move Money option.
Next, link your bank by entering the account and routing numbers under Transfers.
2. Link Your PayPal Account and Bank Account
Here, you'll need to link the same bank account to your PayPal account.
You can link your bank account to PayPal in two different ways.
- The first is to just log into your account and select Settings.
- Then select Link a New Bank Account from the Money, Banks, and Cards menu.
- You'll be prompted to submit information about your bank account, such as account type, number, and routing number.
- Then proceed to the next step by tapping on Link Your Bank.
If you are unable to access PayPal's website, you can still use its mobile app to complete the task.
- Open the app and enter your login credentials.
- Then select Bank Accounts and Credit Cards from the Settings.
- Select Go To Our Website after you've clicked on the + icon.
- This will take you to the official website, where you must complete the steps outlined above in order to successfully add PayPal to your list of bank account linked accounts list.
3. Send Money From Chime to Bank Account
Now, you'll have to transfer money from Chime to your bank account which will later on be transferred to PayPal.
To do this, go to the Chime app and select Move Money, then Transfers.
Chime does not support wire transfers internationally. Instead, an ACH transfer will be used to process the transaction, which will take 3 to 5 days to complete.
4. Send Money From Bank Account to PayPal
Once the funds from your Chime account reflect in your bank account, you should be able to move them to your PayPal account.
You can send money from bank account to PayPal from the PayPal app:
- Log in to the PayPal app and click PayPal balance.
- Then tap Add Money and enter your bank account information.
- Select Add and enter the amount to be transferred.
- Continue and go over your information one last time. After that, begin the transfer.
Similarly, you can send money from bank account to PayPal from the PayPal website:
- Go to the PayPal website and log in, then select Transfer.
- Then select Add Money To Your Balance from the Money Tab.
- Click Add after you've entered the amount you need to accept from the bank.
- To complete the transfer, tap Add X Amount once more.
How Long Does it Takes to Transfer Money from Chime to PayPal?
The time required to complete the transfer depends on the method you used to transfer the funds.
It typically takes 3 to 5 days for Chime money transfers to complete.
Meaning, if you used the linked bank method, you should expect your funds to arrive your bank account in approximately 3 to 5 days + 3 to 5 days (time required for a complete transfer from bank to PayPal) to complete the transfer.
On the other hand, it should take you just 3 to 5 days to transfer money from Chime to PayPal if you linked your Chime account directly to PayPal.
This is the average time it takes to process a transfer, so there's no need to be worried about the length of time it might take.
Final Thoughts: How to Transfer Money from Chime to PayPal
There is no direct method to send money from Chime to PayPal. We only got to rely on some indirect methods.
Even though they might seem challenging at first, most of these methods are simple to employ and quite efficient.
Please let us know if you run into any difficulties by leaving a comment below. Also, don't hesitate to share any additional methods you may have for completing this transfer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there any Limit of Chime to PayPal Transfer?
Chime only allows you to transfer $2000 per month, thus you can't send more than that to your PayPal account. If you're sending money to a linked account, you're limited to sending $200 per day or $1000 per month. If you send money from PayPal to Chime, you may be able to send an infinite amount of money as long as your account is verified. The maximum transaction amount is $10,000.
Does Chime Charge a Fee to Make Money Transfer?
Transfers between Chime accounts are free, however transactions to other foreign accounts are not.
Does PayPal Charge a Fee to Make Money Transfer?
Transfers from PayPal to PayPal are free. However, PayPal charges a 0.3% to 2% fee for international money transfers.