Nowadays, contactless payment options such as Apple Pay offer the convenience and security we need when making payments. Dollar Tree known to provide a "thrill-of-the-hunt" shopping experience has won a lot of hearts when it comes to discount shopping.
But does Dollar Tree take Apple Pay? Let's find out.
Table of Contents
Does Dollar Tree Take Apple Pay?
Yes, Dollar Tree does take Apple Pay.
If you've navigated the web in search of a proper answer to this question before landing here, you might be a little confused? Is that right?
Well, that's normal since Dollar Tree's website actually states it does not take Apple Pay, while an official tweet on Twitter from Dollar Tree confirms it takes Apple Pay.
But there's something you didn't actually notice while navigating Dollar Tree's FAQ page. The question focuses on online orders, and not on general orders.
Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about.
Do you get the point? I think you do, but if you don't, here's what you should pick from that page, considering what has already been mentioned by Dollar Tree on Twitter on April 30, 2020.
Most registers are now equipped with contactless payment through Tap to Pay with Visa, Mastercard, Apple Pay, and Google Pay. All Dollar Tree stores will have this technology implemented by the end of April for a touch-free shopping experience! pic.twitter.com/uM1KkvnD1L— Dollar Tree (@DollarTree) April 30, 2020
Dollar Tree accepts Apple Pay as a payment method for all your in-store purchases. It does not support Apple Pay for online purchases or orders. Do you get that? Great!
Nonetheless, keep in mind that not all Dollar Tree store locations that Apple Pay as a payment method as of this writing—only select stores do. So make sure you check with your local store if they do.
Will this change? No one can tell, but we can only hope for a more fluid collaboration between these two giants.
Should You Use Apple Pay On Dollar Tree?
If you want a more convenient and secure way to checkout for your Dollar Tree in-store purchases, then you should go for Apple Pay.
Again, with Apple Pay, you won't need to move along with heavy wallets or bills, just unlock your iPhone or Apple Watch and tap-to-pay.
How To Use Apple Pay On Dollar Tree
Since you already know Dollar Tree accepts Apple Pay, let's dive straight into the checkout process:
1. Prime your device
- Open the Wallet app on your iPhone or Apple Watch.
- Double-check that your preferred card is linked to Apple Pay.
- Ensure your device is updated to the latest software.
2. Check, check, double-check
- Location: Look for the contactless payment symbol (NFC logo) near the checkout. If unsure, ask a cashier.
- Minimum: Remember, everything's $1, except that one thing for $1.25, so your total must be at least $2 to use Apple Pay.
3. Tap and go
Hold your device (iPhone or Apple Watch) near the contactless reader at the checkout. It's usually a small square pad with the same NFC logo.
4. Secure the sale
If prompted, authenticate your payment using Face ID or Touch ID.
Voila! You've conquered Dollar Tree with the power of Apple Pay. No coins, no hassle, just pure shopping bliss.
Does Dollar Tree Take Google Pay?
Yes, Dollar Tree does take Google Pay for in-store purchases. However, it is always good to check with your local store to be sure they accept contactless payments.
What Other Payment Methods Does Dollar Tree Accept?
Dollar Tree offers a surprisingly diverse range of payment methods to cater to all your shopping needs! Here's a comprehensive list:
- Cash: The classic and universal option, perfect for exact change or when contactless payments aren't available.
- Credit and Debit Cards: Most major credit and debit cards are accepted, including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.
- EBT Cards: Dollar Tree accepts Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) cards for eligible food and beverage purchases.
- Checks: All stores are equipped for electronic check verification, offering a convenient alternative to cash or cards.
- Dollar Tree Gift Cards: These make fantastic gifts or a treat for yourself, letting you stock up on treasures without breaking the bank.
- Credit and Debit Cards: Like in-store, major credit and debit cards are accepted for online purchases.
- PayPal: This popular digital wallet provides a secure and streamlined way to pay online.
- Dollar Tree Express Checkout: Save your preferred payment information for even faster online checkouts.
Dollar Tree does take Apple Pay as a payment method for all in-store purchases as long as the select store accepts tap-to-pay contactless payments. You can't use Apple Pay for online orders at DollarTree.com.
So next time you want to checkout with Apple Pay as a Dollar Tree store, make sure you check to see whether they accept contactless payments before proceeding with Apple Pay.