Looking to transfer money from Varo to Venmo? Stay glued as we've compiled all steps required to complete this transfer hassle-free.
Online banking is becoming increasingly popular in this new era.
In fact, statistics confirm that 2/3 of consumers access and carry out financial transactions with online-only banks.
Whether you're looking to access your financial account or make a money transfer, you probably use an app or online platform for that.
Over the years, it has grown to become one of the best online banks as it kept on adding new banking features for the convenience of consumers, and now, it works with digital wallets such as Venmo.
So if you're wondering how to transfer money from Varo to Venmo, you've come to the right place.
To help you out, we'll see how to add Varo to Venmo and all the steps to transfer money from Varo to Venmo without hassle.
Table of Contents
Does Varo Work With Venmo?
Yes, Varo does work with Venmo.
According to Varo Support, you can add your Varo Bank Account or Varo debit card as a payment method for digital wallets.
And guess what! Not only does Varo work with Venmo, but it also works with other digital wallets such as PayPal, and Cash App, among others.
Can You Transfer Money From Varo To Venmo?
Yes, you can transfer money from Varo to Venmo.
All you'll need to do is link your Varo bank account to Venmo to transfer the funds.
How To Transfer Money From Varo To Venmo
Transferring money from Varo to Venmo is a very easy and straightforward process.
It typically involves three steps: getting your Varo Banking details, linking & Verifying your Varo Bank account on Venmo, and adding money from Varo to your Venmo balance.
1. Gather Your Varo Bank Details
Usually, information gathering is key to success.
So gathering your Varo bank details will prepare you better for transferring money from Varo to Venmo.
Open the Varo app and look for your routing and account numbers, which you'll use to link your bank account to Venmo. In case you'll use your Varo debit card instead, copy your debit card details and proceed to the next step.
2. Link & Verify Your Varo Bank Account On Venmo
After gathering information about your Varo bank account, the next thing you'll want to do is link your bank account to Varo after which you'll have to verify it.
There are two ways to link Varo to Venmo: through your Varo bank account and through your Varo debit card.
To link your Varo bank account to Venmo:
- Open the Venmo app.
- Go to the "Me" tab by tapping your picture or initials
- Tap the Settings gear in the top right then "Payment Methods"
- Tap "Add a bank or card..." and then select "Bank" (to add your Varo bank account) or "Card" to add your Varo debit card.
After adding your Varo bank account to Venmo, it is time to verify it.
To do so:
- Select your Varo bank account from your payment methods.
- Choose how you'd like to verify it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to verify your Varo bank account on Venmo.
3. Add/Transfer Money From Varo To Venmo
Finally, after linking and verifying your Varo bank account on Venmo, you'll be required to take the last and most important step, which is to add money from your Varo bank account to Venmo.
To do so:
- Go to the "Me" tab and tap "Manage Balance" in the Wallet section.
- Select Add money.
- Select From bank or debit card.
- Enter your amount and choose your Varo bank account as a funding source.
- Tap "Add."
- Wait for your funds to arrive at your Venmo balance.
How Long Does It Take To Transfer Money From Varo To Venmo?
How long it takes to transfer money from Varo to Venmo depends on what funding source you sent the funds from.
- If you sent the funds from the Varo debit card, the transfer will typically be completed instantly or within minutes.
- If, in case, you sent the funds from your Varo bank account, the funds will be available within 3-5 business days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I send money from Venmo to Varo?
Yes, you can send money from Venmo to Varo. In fact, you can make instant transfers from Venmo to your Varo debit card.
How do I instant transfer from Varo?
You cannot make an instant transfer from Varo to your external account (bank account). However, you can use the Move Money feature to transfer money from Varo. To do so; open the Varo Bank app and tap Move Money > Transfer Money > Transfer Money.
Can Varo send money to Zelle?
Yes, Varo does work with Zelle. You can access Zelle directly from the Varo mobile app and transfer money with just a few taps.
Varo is a popular online bank that has made banking even more accessible in the U.S.
It has strived to offer customers the best banking experience over the years, and now it works with digital wallets such as Venmo.
While transferring money from Varo to Venmo is possible, I'll recommend keeping a close eye on the fees involved in the transfer.