Looking to use your Chime funds in a more flexible way? Then knowing how to transfer money from Cash App to Chime can come handy, since Cash App offers more flexibility when using your funds on the platform.
Chime is a financial institution that offers online banking services including; checking accounts, debit cards and also financial assistance to its customers thereby, letting account holders borrow money from Chime.
Cash App, on the other hand, is a popular P2P payment service that lets users send and receive money online conveniently.
Cash App and Chime share some similarities especially when it comes to offering financial aid to their customers. Eligible users can borrow money from Cash App through the borrow feature offered by the Cash App.
Though they share some similarities, they don't actually integrate into each other, which means, transferring money from Cash App to Chime can be a tricky process.
That said, you'll need to use some indirect methods to transfer money from Cash App to Chime.
Confused about where to start? Don't worry!
To help you out, we've compiled simple steps to help you conveniently transfer money from Cash App to Chime.
Table of Contents
Can I Transfer Money from Cash App to Chime?
Yes, you can use an indirect method to transfer money from Cash App to Chime and vice versa.
This indirect method involves moving funds from Cash App to a linked bank account, and afterwards, transfer the money from your bank account to Chime.
You can transfer funds from your bank account to your Cash App account by using the Chime routing number and account number.
You must be aware of and consider Cash App and Chime as two separate banks when moving funds from your Chime Bank account to your Cash App account.
You routing number is important especially when you want to make direct deposits.
How to Transfer Money from Cash app to Chime
There's no direct way to transfer money from Cash App to Chime.
To transfer money from Cash App to Chime, you'll need to link your Chime account as a bank on Cash App or use a linked bank account as a bridge.
That said, here are the best ways to transfer money from Cash App to Chime.
Method 1: Add Chime as a Bank on Cash App
This method is best for people who have not yet linked any bank accounts to Cash App.
It only takes a couple of steps to initiate a withdrawal from Cash App to Chime and link your Chime bank account.
However, in to complete the linking process between these two, you will need to have your account and routing number.
Once you've connected these two accounts, you may start a Cash App to Chime withdrawal that normally takes 1 to 3 days to complete.
Adding your Chime debit card to Cash App will make the transfer from Cash App to Chime more swift.
To transfer money from Cash App to Chime card;
- Open Cash App on your Phone.
- Tap the Banking tab from Cash App home screen.
- Click on "Link bank" to add Chime account.
- Input your Chime Bank debit card number and information to your Cash App account.
- Tap the Balance tab on your Cash App home screen.
- Press Cash Out and select the amount which needs to be transferred.
- Select the deposit speed (Instant or Standard) and confirm it with your cash app security pin or phone touch ID to confirm the transfer.
- Follow the prompts to transfer money from Cash App to Chime.
Money transfers to the Chime account can take anywhere between a few minutes for Instant Transfer and 2-4 business days for Standard Transfer, depending on your deposit speed.
Method 2: Use a Linked Bank Account
This process will be somewhat familiar to you if you have already read our article on how to transfer money from Chime to PayPal.
In this case, we'll recommend that you already have a Cash App-linked bank account, which we'll use as a bridge.
Here's how you use a linked bank account to send money from Cash App to Chime.
1. Add Your Bank Account to Cash App
In order to start the transfer procedure, you must link a bank account that is different from your Chime account to the Cash App.
The account and routing numbers are required to link your bank account to Cash App.
Your account will have access to the withdrawal to bank option once your bank account has been linked to the Cash app.
I'd venture to say that the majority of you already have a linked bank account on Cash App. If so, all you have to do is start the Cash App to bank withdrawal right away.
2. Initiate a Withdrawal to Linked Bank Account
Follow the steps below to cash out funds from your Cash App to your bank account:
- Click on the "Balance" tab on your Cash App home screen.
- Tap "Cash Out".
- Enter an amount to withdraw.
- And finally, click "Cash Out" to withdraw funds to your linked bank account.
It may take up to three days for a Cash App withdrawal to appear in your bank account. You can transfer the money to your Chime account as soon as it becomes accessible in your account.
3. Transfer Money from Your Linked Bank Account to Chime
Once it is made available for your account, you can transfer money from your linked bank account to Chime. It could take up to 5 business days to complete the wire transfer, which will be used.
How Long Does it Takes to Transfer Money from Cash App to Chime
It may take up to 5 days to transfer money from Cash App to Chime if you're using a linked bank account.
On the other hand, if you link Chime directly to Cash App as a bank, it will take up to 3 days to send money from Cash App to Chime.
How to Transfer Money from Chime to Cash App?
If you're looking to transfer funds from Chime to Cash App, then follow the steps below.
1. Login to your Chime bank account
In case you don't have one already, open a Chime bank account.
To open an account, you must be at least 18 years old, a U.S. citizen or legal resident, and enter your Social Security number and residential address.
If you already have an account, sign in to Chime on your computer or smartphone.
2. Add Chime Bank Account to Your Cash App Account
You'll then need to add a new bank account to Cash App.
Follow these steps to do this:
- Open Cash App on your phone and tap the profile picture from the home screen.
- Tap on the Banking tab
- Tap Add a Bank.
- Add your Chime banking login information and then follow the on-screen instructions.
Your Chime bank account will show up on the list of newly added bank accounts in your Cash App account once you have added your account.
You can also add your Chime Visa debit card with your card number, the card expiry date, and the CVV number.
3. Initiate the Transaction
You may now fund your Cash App wallet directly from your Chime bank account after linking your Chime bank account to the Cash App.
You can also transfer money directly from your Chime Bank account to Cash App by using the Cash App account's routing and account number.
You are good to transfer money in your Cash App from Chime as long as these transfers happen smoothly.
How to Send Money from Chime to Cash App Debit Card?
This option is good for those who don't have a Chime debit card to link to Cash App.
To transfer money from Chime to Cash App debit card, follow the steps below.
- Open your Chime account
- Tap the transfer money option and enter the amount to transfer and hit the proceed option.
- Input your Cash App info such as name, phone number, and email address.
- Once entered, click on Pay and the money will be credited to your Cash App account.
- How to Transfer Google Play Balance to PayPal (And Other Wallets)
- How To Transfer Money From Bank Account To Prepaid Card
- How To Transfer Money From Credit Card To Prepaid Card Online
- How To Transfer Money From Credit Card To Bank Account
- How To Transfer Money From Debit Card To Bank Account
- How to Transfer Money from Credit Card to Debit Card
- How To Transfer Money With Only Card Number and CVV
Final Thoughts: How to Transfer Money from Cash App to Chime
Chime is a neo-banking technology company based in the United States that offers fee-free financial services through its mobile app but has no physical branches. Additionally, it has over 8 million account holders and does not impose monthly or overdraft fees.
Users can move money in an indirect manner from Cash App to Chime and vice versa. Chime doesn't make adding your account to Cash App very simple or apparent.
That said, to complete Cash App to Chime transfer, you'll need to rely on indirect methods shown in this guide.