Yes, Trader Joe's does take Apple Pay as a payment method—meaning, you can use Apple Pay at checkout at all of Trader Joe's US store locations.
This is exciting news for Trader Joe's savvy shoppers, following the long wait over the years.
Table of Contents
But Why Did Trader Joe's Take So Long To Accept Apple Pay?
While many major retailers adopted Apple Pay earlier, Trader Joe's is known for its focus on tradition and a slower pace of change. They prioritize offering high-quality products at affordable prices, and it seems they wanted to ensure that integrating a new payment system wouldn't negatively impact their customers' experience.
However, the growing popularity of Apple Pay and the demand from customers ultimately convinced Trader Joe's to make the switch. This move demonstrates their commitment to providing a convenient and enjoyable shopping experience for all their customers.
How To Use Apple Pay At Trader Joe's
Apple Pay is a convenient digital payment service that makes it easy for consumers to use their digital wallet to make payments at stores that accept the service.
That said, using Apple Pay at Trader Joe's is very easy and straightforward.
Before You Shop:
- Ensure your Apple Pay is set up: Download the Wallet app on your iPhone or iPad and link your preferred credit or debit card.
- Double-check your device: Make sure your iPhone or Apple Watch has enough battery life to complete the transaction.
- Have your items scanned: Place your groceries on the checkout conveyor belt.
- Double-click the side button: On your iPhone or Apple Watch, double-click the side button to activate Apple Pay.
- Authenticate: Depending on your device settings, you might need to authenticate using Face ID or Touch ID.
- Hold your device near the reader: Place your iPhone or Apple Watch near the contactless reader until you hear a beep and see a green checkmark.
- Voila! Your payment is complete, and you're free to grab your groceries and go.
What Other Payment Methods Does Trader Joe's Accept?
Besides, Apple Pay, Trader Joe's accepts a couple of other payment methods, including:
- Mobile Payment (Google Pay and Samsung Pay)
- Credit/Debit Cards
- Personal Checks
- EBT Cards
- Trader Joe's Gift Cards (physical cards only)
The arrival of Apple Pay at Trader Joe's marks a significant milestone in the grocery store's history. This move demonstrates their commitment to adapting to changing customer preferences and providing a modern and convenient shopping experience.
While some might still prefer traditional payment methods, the addition of Apple Pay caters to a growing segment of tech-savvy customers and provides them with a seamless shopping experience. As technology continues to evolve, we can expect Trader Joe's to evaluate and adopt other innovative solutions that enhance their customer experience.