Amazon is a the world's largest retailer that has strived to offer its shoppers the best shopping experience they wouldn't find anywhere else.
This shopping experience goes with Amazon gift cards which are more like prepaid cards that offer customers an even more flexible way to pay for their orders.
The Amazon gift card can only be used on the Amazon store and partner retailers and shoppers looking to use the Amazon gift card for other transactions can find this situation unfortunate.
Thankfully, though not directly, it is possible to transfer Amazon gift card balance to PayPal and use the funds for important transactions that matter to you — and if you're wondering how, keep reading.
To address this issue, we've compiled the best ways to effortlessly transfer money from Amazon gift card to PayPal.
Table of Contents
Can I Transfer Amazon Gift Card Balance To PayPal?
Yes, you can transfer money from Amazon gift card to PayPal, but not directly.
There are a couple of indirect methods that allow you transfer Amazon gift card balance to PayPal, which we would cover later in this guide.
Also Read: How To Transfer Visa Gift Card To PayPal
How To Transfer Amazon Gift Card Balance To PayPal
There are three ways to transfer Amazon gift card balance to PayPal, which include;
- Add the Amazon gift card to PayPal and use for purchases.
- Redeem the Amazon gift card to Amazon Pay and transfer to PayPal.
- Sell the Amazon gift card for PayPal.
Let's cover each method in details.
1. Add the Amazon Gift Card to PayPal Directly
One of the best ways to transfer Amazon gift card balance to PayPal is by adding the gift card directly to your PayPal wallet and using it to pay for your PayPal transactions.
To add the Amazon gift card to PayPal:
- Go into your PayPal Wallet on a desktop computer.
- Click "Link a debit or credit card."
- Tap "Link a card manually" if given the option to link manually or through a bank.
- Enter the Amazon gift card information.
- Tap "Link Card."
2. Redeem the Gift Card to Amazon Pay and Transfer to PayPal
The Amazon gift card is a gift card designed to be used for purchases on Amazon or partner merchants.
However, you can redeem the Amazon gift card to your Amazon Pay account, transfer the money from Amazon Pay to your bank account, and then to your PayPal wallet.
Let's cover the process in details.
First you'd have to link a bank account to your Amazon Pay account.
To do so;
- Go to the "Setting" tab, and then click "Account Info."
- Select "Deposit Methods."
- Now tap "Replace Deposit Method" (or click "Assign" if there is no bank account already associated).
- Choose an existing bank account or click "Use a new bank account."
Next, you'd want to redeem the Amazon gift card to your Amazon Pay account as follows;
- Go to the Amazon website.
- Click on the "Amazon Pay" link on the homepage.
- Click on the "Add Gift Card" link.
- Enter the gift card/voucher code and click on "Add to your balance" button.
- Your gift card amount will be added to your Amazon Pay balance.
Once you've redeemed the Amazon gift card to your Amazon Pay account, you can transfer the money from Amazon Pay to your linked bank account as follows;
- Open the Amazon app.
- Go to Amazon Pay section.
- Tap send money.
- Select the 'to bank' option and enter the bank details.
- Tap the pay now button.
Once the funds arrive your bank account, it should be easy to add them to your PayPal account.
If the process isn't clear for you, here's how to add money from bank account to PayPal;
- Login to your PayPal account and go to "Wallet."
- Tap "Transfer Money."
- Tap "Add money to your balance."
- Select your bank and enter the amount you want to transfer.
- Tap "Add."
Your funds should take some time to arrive in your PayPal wallet and once they do, you can use them for transactions as per your liking.
3. Sell the Amazon Gift Card for PayPal
Selling your Amazon gift card for PayPal is another great way for transferring Amazon gift card balance to PayPal.
To sell Amazon gift card for PayPal;
- Look for a legit gift card exchange platform.
- Sell your amazon gift card.
- Request to get paid through PayPal and provide your PayPal payment details.
- Receive your amazon gift card balance on your PayPal account.
How to Sell Amazon Gift Card for PayPal Instantly
The only way to instantly sell an Amazon gift card for PayPal is to use a gift card exchange platform.
Typically, you'll list your gift card as an item for sale, and a buyer interested in the Amazon gift card will approach and purchase it.
You will have the choice of receiving the funds in either your bank account or your PayPal account.
How to Transfer Amazon Gift Card Balance to Bank Account
Because gift cards are more like virtual cards and cannot be linked to a bank account, you cannot directly transfer their balance to a bank account.
However, you can transfer an Amazon gift card to a bank account through some indirect methods.
You can sell your gift card to Gift Card Granny or Card Cash and request payment via bank transfer, which is one option among many.
How to Convert Amazon Gift Card to Cash
You can use a reputable gift card exchange platform to convert an Amazon gift card to cash.
Card Cash and Gift Card Granny are two trustworthy options available.
How to Convert Amazon Gift Card to Google Wallet
You cannot convert an Amazon gift card directly to Google Wallet.
To convert an Amazon gift card to Google wallet, first convert the gift card to cash and then use the cash to load your Google Pay wallet.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I transfer my Amazon balance to PayPal?
You can transfer Amazon gift card balance to PayPal either by adding the gift card to PayPal directly, or by selling it on a gift card exchange platform for PayPal balance.
Can I transfer balance from gift card to PayPal?
Yes, you can and the simplest way is to add the gift card to your PayPal account. The gift card would them be used a funding source if it is chosen as a preferred payment method.
The Amazon gift card is a prepaid gift card that can be used for purchases at Amazon and partner retailers.
To use the Amazon gift card balance in a more flexible way, considering to transfer the money to PayPal is a great option.
Though a direct transfer isn't possible, there are a couple of ways to transfer Amazon gift card balance to PayPal.
Thankfully, this guide compiles the different ways you can use to transfer the funds.